How to Approach Inbound vs. Outbound Video Marketing?
Marketing is basically about finding customers. However, if you have been marketing products or services for a while, you know that reality can be much more complicated. This is how you find those customers, and there are endless ways to find customers, generate interest, and increase sales.
Inbound video marketing and outbound video marketing are two strategies that can work, but they have different goals and barriers to consider. First, it is important to understand the difference between inbound vs. outbound video marketing in general.
Inbound vs. Outbound Marketing
Although they often contradict each other, the fact is that both inbound and outbound marketing can be effective. There is a difference between the two.
Inbound marketing is marketing that attracts customers to you, using the “pull” approach rather than the “push” approach. This is a popular strategy because it is the best-selling way to get customers. By engaging with your target audience in an informative and entertaining way, your brand becomes what it is when they are ready to buy.
Outbound marketing, on the other hand, is associated with more traditional forms of advertising. Instead of waiting for customers to come to you, customers are “pushed” towards your brand. Targeted ads are used to target a wider audience, as most of the people who see the ad will not take any action. Outbound marketing is a great way to attract potential customers to your brand, so they know who to turn to when they’re ready to buy.
Why Use Video for Inbound vs. Outbound Marketing?
Whether you choose inbound vs. outbound video marketing, or both, there are many different ways to do it. In the past, both forms of marketing were based on text and images. While words and images can still be effective marketing methods, video is a great strategy to use in today’s world. Here are some reasons why:
- Video is the wave of the future and it is effective. One reason is that video is taking over Instagram and all other platforms. Did you know that internet videos accounted for 69% of all global consumer traffic in 2017? Or that more than 50% of people watch online videos on a daily basis and social videos get 1200% more shared content than text and image content?
- With video, you can say more in less time. You can share more than a photo. This means you can articulate things more clearly, provide more information, and entertain your audience more effectively than images and text.
- Marketing videos are a great way to incorporate the personal touch into your marketing strategy. With video, consumers can put the face of their brand. You can build more personal relationships with your customers and followers by targeting them by video instead of relying on photos and text.
- Finally, the videos are also more easily digested. Not everyone can read and understand long posts with ease. Instead of spending minutes trying to get someone to focus on their writing, they just sit back, relax, and watch a short video.
Inbound Video Marketing Tactics
I hope you are sold on using video marketing for your business! Here are some of our favorite insider tips, as well as how to make it work for your brand:
YouTube educational content: One of the best ways to persuade customers to refer to your brand is to present yourself as an expert in your field. Think about what you can teach and create for your target audience, give an entertaining lecture, or demonstrate. YouTube is the best place to distribute this content; Not only is it a favorite entertainment platform for many people, it is also the second largest search engine after Google.
Organic Social Video Posts: Vlogs and “Days in Life” videos make us feel connected to the people we are seeing. Create authentic, personal content that inspires the community. Use laid-back accents and casual voices to truly connect with your target audience.
Video shared via email newsletter: Videos are great in email newsletters too! Announce an event or product launch, send additional content to your clients, or give them an idea of something you’re working on. Try adding camera emoji to your subject line to get more clicks.
Outbound Video Marketing Tactics
Outbound video marketing strategies can increase exposure, and interest in your brand through clicks compared to photo and text options. Here are some ways that having an outbound video can help you.
- TV Commercials: There are many ways to run a television ad campaign, but in the 21st century, it’s great if you can link it to social media or an online campaign. Make sure to also post your commercial online so it can be shared across multiple platforms.
- OTT Ads: If streaming ads aren’t your thing, OTT platforms offer another great channel for brand advertising. Consumers have enthusiastically embraced streaming platforms and OTT offers advertising-like targeting options.
- Video Billboards / OOH: Don’t just include traditional billboards on other companies’ photo carousels. Get the most out of video billboards by creating dynamic ads. Create something that grabs their attention long enough for them to know who you are.
- Paid social advertising: Of all the options on this list, paid social advertising is the easiest online for potential users to ignore. Fortunately, using video instead of a still image helps you stand out from the crowd. You also need to know which platform you are using to display ads to know what kind of video to use.
After, going through the article inbound vs. outbound video marketing. We believe it’s not about whether outbound video marketing is better than inbound video marketing. Instead, it’s about understanding both of them so that you can use them to the best of your ability. Combine multiple strategies, be ready to try new things, and roll this camera to find out which strategy works best for your business. We can’t wait to see what you do!